Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Welcome!

First of all, let me welcome each and every one of you to this blog.  I have created this blog for the sole purpose of providing quick and easy ideas that you can use in your classroom to encourage the use of technology in your classroom.  Here is a quick overview of what you will find here:
  • It is titled, "Tech Minute" for a reason.  Each blog post will begin with a video, shorter than a minute, explaining what you will find by reading the post.  If I can't encourage you in one minute that the post is useful, then I need to find better strategies for you =).
  • I hope to share best practices from our Little Lake community to help us build a community of tech-savvy teachers.  This way you can see strategies that have already been used effectively in the classroom.
  • I will share simple ways to trouble shoot common problems teachers and students face when using technology.  Overcoming these "speed bumps" enables the teacher to create a positive experience for their students.
  • Blog posts will include a mix of videos, google docs, slides, etc.  I will try to include any type of media that I believe will help you implement that specific strategy.
I look forward to serving the Little Lake teachers in this new way! Please let me know if there is any other way that this blog can be improved to help you in the classroom.